Tips for departing holiday cottage guests
I’m very lucky as the majority of my departing guests leave my holiday cottage looking clean and tidy. Although this effort is greatly appreciated, particularly during these difficult times, it isn’t exactly necessary as no matter how clean the cottage looks when I first arrive I will still do my usual 3 hour clean.
Hygiene and cleanliness is obviously essential for a successful holiday let, though the occasional mishap does unfortunately occur (classic being the forgotten sock left under the bed).
So, for me the perfect departing guest would have:
- Stripped the bed leaving the bed linen in a pile next to another pile of used towels
- Emptied the kitchen and bathroom bins and putting the contents in the black bin in the garden
- Cleared and brushed down the ash from the fire grate
- Emptied all the contents from the fridge
- Written, I hope, a complimentary review in my guest book
- Left any useful information which my newly arriving guests might find helpful
- Departed on time